Sunday, June 9, 2013

There Is Beauty All Around

As I sit here typing this, my children are wrestling and being kind of naughty in the family room. But, as I took pictures yesterday for this post, this was the song I was singing. So most of the time, well some of the time, there is beauty all around.

Yesterday was yard work day. Every Saturday is yard work day. I love it. I'm not sure what I would do if we didn't have a yard in which to work. We are often complimented by neighbors on how it's nice to see our whole family out in the yard each Saturday working. Elder L. Tom Perry said, "Teaching children the joy of honest labor is one of the greatest of all gifts you can bestow upon them." I have a testimony of yard work!

This is what I witnessed yesterday after I finished pulling weeds and sweeping the pool.






Andie and Steve have been beautifying the yard with flowers. Andie loves rose bushes so she and I hopped in the car yesterday, looking lovely of course, to head to Lowe's to buy another rose bush. It's fun to watch her several mornings a week head out into the yard with her watering can to water the flowers and bushes (they're on timed water but it's too cute to stop her).

It's also a nice feeling at the end of each Saturday to sit back and look at our work. Not pictured here are pictures of us swimming as a family after spending a couple of hours in the Arizona heat. We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment