Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Missionaries

Saw these cute missionaries at Walmart.


The neat thing about this is that the missionary on the right, Elder Parker Bronson, is Haley's friend from BYU. He was called to serve in the Tempe, Arizona mission and was to arrive in Arizona on June 19th.

Last week I was at Walmart and I saw two missionaries buying their groceries. I quickly called Haley and said, "What's Parker's last name? I think I see him standing in line."

After we hung up I slyly walked over to the elders, saw Elder Bronson's name tag and said, "Elder Bronson, I'm Haley Carling's mom."

He said, "Sister Carling! I was just telling Elder Cook about Haley and how she lived in Gilbert and here you are!" He was so shocked and surprised! We both were!

We talked for a bit and I soon discovered that he had been transferred to the Gilbert mission and was assigned to two neighboring wards in our stake!

It's so neat to see her friends serving. I told the elders we would have to have them over for dinner one night if they were allowed to venture over to our ward.

Since that day, Haley was able to say hello to Elder Bronson at the historic missionary fireside last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment