Monday, March 25, 2013

Rylee

Yesterday we drove to Andie's soccer game with some friends. On the way, my friend was asking me how Rylee and Haley were doing at BYU. I told her about Haley and her experiences there (see former post, this is not about Haley : ) ).

I told her how Rylee plays the violin, the piano, the organ and can sing her little heart out. I told her how Rylee could listen to or pick up a piece of music and play it instantly.

I told her her how we were driving up to Utah in the next week and a half to attend Rylee's last BYU choir concert, something that makes not only Rylee sad but me as well. And how the day after that, we were attending the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference to hear Rylee sing there. Wow! What an honor!

Rylee has been attending BYU for four years and I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments. She remains busy with school, work, choir (as well serving as section leader) and serving in her Relief Society Presidency.

I am grateful that she is taking good care of her little (age-wise mind you) sister and that they enjoy doing things together like attending devotionals and going to dinner.

I am grateful for how much Rylee loves the scriptures. I'm amazed when I try to teach something from the scriptures how she is so wise and knowledgeable about them herself.

I am grateful for the happy voice I hear on the other end of the line almost every day she walks home from school.

I never have to worry that Rylee, when she is trying to solve a problem or figure out what her next step is in life, prays and receives answers to her prayers.

I love her smile and her wit and her writing! I love this picture of her (Andie doesn't look thrilled) but this is how I picture Rylee whenever I think of her.


But see the entry for March 21st (below) for one of my most favorite pictures of her, I love her excitement!
She's just real cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment