Saturday, March 30, 2013

Women's Chorus

Rylee's Women's Chorus instructor, Sister Applonie, approached Rylee yesterday and asked her to be Vice President of the group next year.

Unfortunately, Rylee will have no time her final year at BYU (after four very successful years) to take Choir. This year she served as section leader for a "gaggle of girls" who loved her and called her their WC Momma.


She's so cute in her sparkly dress!


Singing at the Cougars basketball game.

I can remember well as we were driving to Lake Powell (sans Rylee who was in the first weeks of her freshman year at BYU) I got a call on my cell phone from an excited freshman who said with a voice full of sheer joy that she had made all the cuts to become a member of Women's Chorus. It was very emotional for me to think that my own daughter would be performing and would become fully integrated into my alma mater! I was so proud!

And as I chaperoned a Highland High School choir field trip for Brooke:




It made me so grateful for the opportunities our girls have to become and do all they want to become and do!

Rylee's former high school choir director, Steve Hickman, told me this very day of the field trip, that he and Ms. Scholz had received a very nice and heartfelt email from Rylee expressing her gratitude for them in making it possible for her to excel in her choir endeavors in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment